This sunny lemon bundt cake is just the dessert to brighten up any day. I have been looking forward to Spring to arrive and lemon is just one of those flavors that reminds me of spring and summertime.
The lemon peel provides a nice zing in every bite. The thick cream cheese frosting gives the golden cake an extra moist and delicious flavor. Another great thing about this recipe is that it can be made ahead, because it stays moist for at least a few days.
As we say around here….Ummmm Ummmm.
- 3 -6 Lemons
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Lemon Peel
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan.
- From lemons, grate 2 tablespoons peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- In bowl with mixer on low speed, blend sugar and butter. On high, beat 3 minutes.
- On low, beat in eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in peel and juice.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes, then invert onto rack.
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Butter, softened
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In bowl, with mixer on low speed, blend sugar, butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in juice and vanilla.
- On high, beat until fluffy.
- Spread over cooled cake