College students are usually pretty broke. They may have loans and grant money, and maybe even parents who pay their extras, but the money seems to disappear. Poof. No more money. These broke college students have used those smarts to come up with some interesting, sometimes hilarious, sometimes brilliant, solutions to everyday problems. Here are 30.
1. This Homemade Air Freshener
We know plenty of college students who have less-than-fantastic housekeeping skills. This is a great solution. Smells like fresh linen!
2. This Clever Sneaking In Booze Trick
This guy has gone to great lengths to sneak booze into some event. I just hope you’re allowed to take food there, otherwise this was all for naught.
3. The Simple Chip Clip
This is great until you start to open the bag and the pen shoots across the room like a missile.
4. A Substitute Coffee Pot
No whining indeed.
5. This Simple Way to Earn Extra Cash
6. This Interesting Way to Cook Ramen
7. Another Way to Heat Up Dip
Great, as long as you never, ever, want to make coffee in it again.
8. A Great Way to Avoid Dish Duty
This is actually really smart. We HATE doing dishes.
9. An Up-cycled Dust Pan
Added bonus, the grease traps all the hairs and dust particles.
10. This Clever Use for a Hairdryer
We can see this working with some foods, but RICE? Really? It’ll go everywhere!
11. This Sleep-Anywhere Hack
“Oh don’t worry about me. I don’t need a table or chair. I brought my trusty travel hammock.”
12. A Great Way To Extend The Hand Soap
No problems with this, other than the pink soap that smells kinda like puke.
13. This Cooking Hack
At least they had the presence of mind to put foil down to catch the drippings. And to use a metal, not plastic, hanger.
14. This Fantastic Utilization of the Dining Hall
Our only question is how she fits a whole gallon of milk in a tiny dorm fridge.
15. This “Chair”
Makes you wonder – did he choose the box based on it’s size, or the chair parts inside it?
16. This Inventive Paper Towel Holder
No objections to this.
17. Another Great Use for the Coffee Pot
Because you don’t need the WHOLE piece of pasta cooked.
18. This DIY Pencil Holder
Just don’t try to pick it up and move it.
19. A Fantastic Way to Listen to Study Tunes
Earbuds + Coffee Mug = Study Dance Party.
20. An Interesting Way to Iron Your Clothes
Who needs an iron?
21. One Way to Make Sure You Don’t Run Out of Toilet Paper
If they leave it out in the lecture hall bathroom, you’d better hope you have a backpack big enough to hold it.
22. The Broke College Student’s Mainstay
Interesting advertising placement. Maruchan Ramen and Natty Light. Breakfast of champions.
23. This Great Plan to Save on Toiletries
If the “rest of the year” means “late fall into winter,” I’m right there with you.
24. A Creative Way to Hang Your Shower Curtain
Shower rungs are SO expensive.
25. This Comfortable Porch Furniture
Because you need comfortable seating when catcalling freshmen girls…
26. This Fantastic Pasta Strainer
Because nobody actually PLAYS tennis, right?
27. This DIY Trash Can
Works for me.
28. This Kitchen Art Installment
It has to be an attempt at art. How would one go about actually dumping this into a bag?
29. An Engineer’s Mind at Work
30. And This Broke College Student’s Plea
We like honest and to-the-point. Maybe we should all think about listing the contents of our cars for potential robbers. Mine would say “contains three empty CD cases, 29 half-empty water bottles and 3 yoga mats.”
Just because you’re a broke college student doesn’t mean you don’t have the smarts to live a life of ease. What are some of your cleverest ways to get by with little cash?