I made these for lunch over the weekend, and they tasted as good as they looked. They are DELICIOUS!! My hungry crew devoured them and I’m positive yours will too.
These little puffs are very simple to make. Feel free to change up the fillings as you like. Try mushrooms, peppers, ham, chicken; the possibilities are endless! Just use your favorite pizza toppings. These puffs would make a fantastic snack for watching a sports game or family movie night.
Servings: 24 servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pepperoni (3 oz.)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese (3 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- Grease 2 large baking sheets and set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine water and shortening. Bring to a boil.
- Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in pepperoni, cheese, parsley, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 450°F for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping