Layers of crumbly Moon Pie, rich cream cheese, and creamy vanilla pudding make this Moon Pie Banana Pudding the ultimate indulgence for Southerners and wanna-be-Southerners alike!
Ingredients for Moon Pie Banana Pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 cups milk (I used 2%, but you can use Whole milk)
- 1 (5.1 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (or a small box each of vanilla and banana)
- 6 Original or Double-Decker Moon Pies, cut into squares or wedges
- 6 bananas, sliced
- 8 ounce Cool Whip, thawed or equal amount of whipped cream
Directions for Moon Pie Banana Pudding
Once you have the ingredients, you really can’t miss putting them all together.
- Take 6 Moon Pies and unwrap them. Cut each in half and then cut the halves into thirds. Place the large pieces aside and save all the crumbs for topping.
- Take the cream cheese and your hand mixer and cream until smooth. Add the condensed milk and blend until creamy smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix pudding and milk. Once mixed, add to cream cheese and condensed milk mixture. Cream with mixer until smooth.
Now comes the fun part, time to start layering!
First a layer of pudding. About half the bowl. On top of the pudding, place a layer of Moon Pie pieces and then a layer of bananas. Another layer of pudding, Moon Pies and bananas. Top it off with pudding and then a layer of Cool Whip. Sprinkle any left-over Moon Pie pieces and crumbs on top and ta-da!!