A man in Center Line, Michigan was filling up his car at a gas station this week when he spotted a spider crawling on his gas tank.
Rather than flicking the spider off or just carrying on with his life, the impulsive guy decided on a sure-fire way to wipe out the critter: to set it on fire with his cigarette lighter.
One small problem: He was at a gas station, and gas, as it turns out, is flammable.
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what happened next.
Employee Susan Adams kept calm and hit the gas automatic stop button and quickly called the fire department. She left the local news with some truly incredible wisdom: “Do you know gas go ‘boom’?” Yes, Susan. Yes we do.
The man somehow escaped serious injury and the gas station’s damage was contained to one pump, which was destroyed.
The real question of course…what happened to the spider??