I found some jumbo lump crab meat on sale at a local surf and turf grocery, so naturally I went and bought 2 pounds of it. Where I’m from, you always jump at the chance of finding good seafood on sale. The crab meat pieces were about the size of a quarter. I tried to keep them whole which made making the crab cakes challenging. Keeping them together as I formed the patties was a task but it was well worth it in the end. They were heavenly.
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup crushed, chopped parsley
- 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs crab meat
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Make into 4 oz. patties
- Coat with flour and fry in 1 inch of oil until golden brown.
You can finish with a fresh squeeze of lemon or even top with with curry mango aioli!