The clever folks at Mind Over Munch have such a great idea: the two ingredient cake…all you need is cake and soda! I love the simplicity of two ingredients plus it’s a fun way to lighten up a boxed cake mix.
Ingredients for Cake Mix and Soda
- 1 box cake mix
- 12 oz carbonated water
Directions for Cake Mix and Soda
- In a large mixing bowl, add your cake mix and carbonated water
- Mix to combine
- In a large baking pan (or two small ones for “layers”) pour in your cake mix.
- Bake at 325ºF for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Frost your bottom layer cake, then place the second layer cake on top and frost completely with icing of choice!
Try these variations for more flavor fun!
1. The Standard
Super Moist White Cake Mix and Peach Mango flavored soda
2. Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberry Cake Mix and Vanilla Cream Soda
3. Ginger Spice Cake
Spice Cake Mix and Ginger Ale
4. Zesty Lemon Cake
Lemon Cake Mix and Sprite
5. Creamsicle Cake
French Vanilla Cake Mix and Orange Soda
6. Chocolate Root Beer Float
Dark Chocolate Cake Mix and Root Beer
7. Purple Cow Cake
French Vanilla Cake Mix and Grape Soda
8. Sinless Devil’s Food Cake
Devil’s Food Cake Mix and Diet Coke
9. Very Cherry Cherry Chip Cake
Cherry Chip Cake Mix and Cherry Dr. Pepper