Bacon bread is the stuff that awesome days are made of. Soft, doughy bread loaded with bites of salty, smokey bacon is the blend of all of my favorite things. It’s absolutely irresistible. But when you add the fact that this loaf of bread is so easy to make — it gets even better. So you could make this every single day and live happily ever after (though, for your health, you probably shouldn’t do that).
As far as serving suggestions I leave that to your imagination. For me, I like to eat it warm with a bit of butter. I’m sure it makes great sandwiches too — a totally out-of-this-world BLT comes to mind…but I’ve never had it around long enough to try.
Ingredients for Bacon Bread
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
Directions for Bacon Bread
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked; drain on paper towels.
- Roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl.
- Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange pieces in a 9-in. x 5-in. oval on a greased baking sheet, layering as needed.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.