It’s easy to forget the big picture – especially when we’re in our 20s. So take a second and check out this ultimate list of reminders to help brighten your day. Remember even a small change can have a huge impact on your life!
1. Listen to what people have to say, even when you disagree with them. Especially when you disagree with them.
2. Go without a bra. It’s liberating.
3. Talk to strangers.
4. Buy a one-way ticket. You’ll figure it out when you get there.
5. Approach people. Don’t wait to be approached.
6. Don’t be eye candy. Be soul food.
7. Help someone who can’t give you anything in return.
8. And accept help when you need it.
9. Have s3x in an inappropriate place. The rush is worth it.
10. Take off your makeup at the end of the night.
11. Be a big fish in a small pond.
12. But also be a small fish in a big pond. You’ll learn from both.
13. If you feel like getting naked – do it. It’s gonna feel awesome.
14. Don’t try to get people to agree with you – even when you think you’re right. The fact that not everyone thinks the same way is what’s so awesome about humanity.
15. Trust yourself. There’s a reason you feel that way.
16. Keep in touch with people. It’s a great feeling to know someone for 20 years.
17. Believe in magic. Who the hell are you to say it’s not real.
18. Introduce yourself.
19. Get a piercing. It doesn’t hurt as much as you think it will.
20. Don’t compete with people. It’s not a good look.
21. Smile, listen, nod. Then do whatever the fuck you were gonna do anyways.
22. If you don’t know how to use chopsticks, you have a problem.
23. Go on a blind date.
24. Surprise people.
25. Drink your coffee black.
26. Fly first class, and enjoy the shit out of it.
27. Don’t let anyone tell you what you do – unless you’re naked.
28. Show up when you say you’re gonna show up.
29. Cry, scream, break down, be sad. It doesn’t make you crazy; it makes you real.
30. Don’t take cabs, they’re a waste of money.
31. Order the most expensive bottle of wine in the restaurant. Swirl it around in the glass, smell the aroma, give it a taste, and nod at the waiter – even if you have no fucking idea what you’re doing.
32. Wear red lipstick.
33. Figure out the system, and work it.
34. If someone says they like your shirt, take it off and give it to them.
35. Ask questions.
36. Bring a bottle of wine.
37. Go barefoot. Shoes are overrated, anyways.
38. Don’t count calories.
39. Go broke. And learn how to be broke. Whether you get rich later or not, it’s a humbling experience.
40. Be weird.
41. Make eye contact.
42. Just because something has a lot of “likes” doesn’t make it cool.
43. Fail. And then fail again.
44. Drive a convertible through the desert. And fucking speed.
45. Find out where the local people are eating, and eat there. If you can’t read the menu, point to what you want.
46. Get good at crosswords.
47. Don’t get embarrassed. It’s a waste of time.
48. Don’t be sorry.