24-30 large strawberries
1 box Strawberry Jell-O
1 cup tequila
3/4 cup cointreau
A melon baller or small measuring spoon with relatively sharp edges
1. Balancing the strawberry on its side, parallel to the cutting board at the point where it is widest, cut off the top.
2. Still holding it the same way, cut off a tiny part of the strawberry’s bottom tip so the berry can stand upright. Make sure not to cut off too much or you’ll create a hole at the bottom. Repeat with all remaining strawberries.
3. Using a melon baller or small measuring spoon, carefully scoop out the insides of the strawberries.
4. Put them all on a baking sheet and dry them a little with a paper towel.
5. Combine Jell-O mix with 3/4 cup boiling water and stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve.
6. Stir tequila and cointreau into the Jell-O mixture.
7. Using a container with a spout, pour Jell-O/booze mixture into strawberry cups. Fill them up as much as possible, because Jell-O shrinks when it solidifies.
8. Refrigerate four hours or until firm.
9. Zest lime into a plate of sugar.
10. Slice lime (you can use the same one if you don’t care about the aesthetics, or a new one if you do) into thin rounds, then cut into small wedges. You may also want to cut a small chunk through the center of each wedge’s flesh so they can balance on the tip of the strawberry.
11. Wet the sides of the solidified Jell-O shot with lime or water, roll in your sugar-lime zest, and garnish with lime wedge.
For more details and pictures head on over to BuzzFeed