What kid (or adult for that matter) doesn’t love the snap, crackle and pop of Rice Krispie treats? The simplicity of the recipe, coupled with its irrefutably delicious flavor, there’s no going wrong with this tasty delight!
With our recent obsession with rainbow everything, this video was the perfect recipe to add to our repertoire!
With the sneaky addition of flavored jello packets, you are not only able to assemble a multicolored dessert bar, but enhance the sugary sweetness with some unexpected flavors!
My kids are going to LOVE making these! This recipe has my stamp of approval!
Ingredients for Fruity Rainbow Rice Krispy Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 6 cups marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- Food color
- 6 tablespoons various flavors Jello powder
Directions for Fruity Rainbow Rice Krispy Treats
- Line an 8×8″ baking dish with aluminum foil and grease the foil.
- Melt 1 tbsp of the butter and 1 cup (9) marshmallows over low heat in a medium saucepan. Add food color and/or jello powder and stir until combined, add 1 cup cereal and stir until coated.
- Spread the coated cereal into the bottom of the pan using a buttered spoon or spatula.
- Repeat 5 more times using the different colors, adding the layers to the top of the previous layer.
- Let the square set and lift out of the pan to cut into small squares.
We hope you enjoy these vibrantly scrumptious rainbow Rice Krispie treats as much as we did!