My Nana passed this old-time recipe on to me because she knew I’d want to make it. I love desserts, especially this one!
I have made this often so here’s a tip, the crumb mixture can be made ahead and stored for a later time.
This dessert is deliciously different and decadent and a little portion will go a long way.
Makes about: 12-15 servings.
Ingredients for Caramel Pecan Ice Cream
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
Directions for Caramel Pecan Ice Cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans and brown sugar. Add butter; mix well.
- Spread in a thin layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble while warm; cool.
- Press half of crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- Drizzle with half of caramel sauce; spread with ice cream.
- Top with remaining caramel sauce and crumb mixture.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.