It doesn’t matter if you call them Chicken Fingers or Chicken Planks, this is the kind of Southern goodness that I crave. I really enjoy making Buttermilk Chicken Fingers and you can’t have too many chicken tender recipes… so here’s a another good recipe to add to your file.
There’s just something about cooking with buttermilk that I love. It adds such a creamy, tangy goodness and can be used in both savory and sweet dishes.
So happy to share this favorite recipe with you and hope you can fall in love with buttermilk too!
Ingredients for Mustard Sauce (Serves 2)
- 1 T. mayo
- 1 T. yellow mustard
- 1 T. sweet and spicy whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 T. honey
Combine all ingredients and keep in fridge until ready to use.
Ingredients for Buttermilk Chicken Fingers:
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 1/2 C. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
Directions for Buttermilk Chicken Fingers:
- Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag and add the buttermilk and hot sauce.
- Squish around and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in another Ziploc bag.
- Heat a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Take 3-4 pieces of chicken and toss into the flour bag and toss to coat well.
- Gently lower into the hot oil and fry for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove to a paper sack or paper towel lined plate when done.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Serve with the honey mustard sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.