This dedicate chocolate brownie layer cake comes with a cookie dough twist you won’t be able to resist!
Everyone loves chocolate brownies, but what happens when you add in a layer of cookie dough frosting and top it all with a creamy chocolate ganache.
Gemma Stafford from Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking YouTube channel dishes out this delicious quick and easy recipe, with ingredients and instructions listed below.
Who said you can’t have your cake with cookie dough frosting and eat it too?
Get your napkins out because this looks so good you will start drooling!
Ingredients for Brownie Cake:
- 1 ¾ cups of flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons of dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 16 ½ ounces of dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups of unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cups of granulated sugar
- ¾ cups of packed light brown sugar
- 7 eggs at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Directions for Brownie Cake:
- Start by putting your chocolate and butter in a bowl and heating until they are melted and smooth.
- Add your granulated and brown sugar and whisk until combined. You want your batter to be room temperature before you move on to the next step.
- Beat your eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl and then whisk them into your batter.
- Sift your flour, salt and cocoa over your batter and then fold the mixture together.
- Butter and line a 9 inch cake pan and pour your batter in.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 80 minutes.
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1 cup of softened cream cheese
- 10 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 ⅓ cups of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 6 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups of mini chocolate chips
Directions for Frosting:
- Put your cream cheese and butter in a large bowl and cream.
- Add your brown sugar and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add your powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Finally, add your milk, flour and chocolate chips and mix.
This cookie dough frosting is the perfect topping for this big and bold brownie cake.