Do you remember watching Al Bundy on TV back in the day? There are very few characters out there that I like as much as Al Bundy. To me, the character played by Ed O Neil on Married. . . With Children is not only one of the most iconic characters in television history, but one of the greatest depictions of the American working man in ANY sort of media. Here are 15 times Al proved he is so awesome…
1. Only women understand women.
2. Anniversaries are the time for regrets.
3. Miss her with every bullet.
4. Why he dared to tell her on her face.
5. Run over his foot for only $12.
6. Stay in school if you don’t want to end like him.
7. He does not want to be reminded of his age.
8. It’s the fat not the dress.
9. He believes he’s not poor for having his own pool.
10. He loves the car more than his family.
11. Wonders why he should be attractive.
12. When he was asked to tip Alejandro.
13. Do anything else just don’t touch his wife.
14. Grumpy as a kid became a hero as an adult.
15. Al Bundy secures the rope around his neck like he does his tie.
“Once upon a time, there was a man who sold shoes. He was a good man, but somehow, good things never came to him. Did I mention he was a great athlete in high school? People cheered him. That was before the. . .red thing appeared. Darkness fell on shoe town. Who would take on the red beast? Who would battle it? Who would marry it? The little shoe man stepped forward. Or perhaps the others just stepped back? At any rate, an unholy union was born. So were two unholy children. And the lowly shoe man, who once had been a mighty athlete in high school and scored 4 touchdowns in one game and had many offers to junior colleges and could’ve made something of his life, laid down, and died. The end.”