To each their own…especially when it comes to houses. Everyone has different tastes, some just happen to be a little more odd, elaborate, or down right exciting, than others. The following is a list of 10 of the most unique and odd custom-built homes from around the world.
1. The Nautilus House in Mexico City
This shell-inspired home will have you hearing the ocean in your sleep.
2. Astro Turf House in Austria
Say that five times fast.
3. The Bubble Castle, Theoule, France
Not something you see everyday.
4. Water Treatment Plant turned Home, United Kingdom
I’ve always wanted to swim in one of those.
5. Fallen Tree turned Guest House, Los Angeles
If a tree falls in the woods…turn it into a guest house!
6. Silo Home, Woodland, Utah
Silo Sweet Silo.
7. Chateau Artisan, Redland, Florida
Please, excuse the mess…
8. Sutyagin House, Arkhangelsk, Russia
A work in progress. 15 years later.
9. Cylindrical Houses
10. Spa House in South Africa
Underwater bedrooms…need we say more?
11. Glass Cube House
People who live here should not throw stones.
12. Chia Pet House
“It’s your turn to mow the lawn!”