If you’re like me then bread is a major part of your diet. I basically need bread with every meal I eat. It’s especially important when it comes to dinner (and sharing with others). This cheesy bread is perfect as an appetizer before dinner, as shared bread to accompany your entrees, or just for snacking. My favorite thing about this is how easy it is to make. You can also add garlic if you want (see the video below).
Ingredients for Easy Cheesy Pull-Apart Crack Bread
- 1 round bread loaf
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 roasted hatch chiles, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
Directions for Easy Cheesy Pull-Apart Crack Bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the bread vertically and horizontally being careful to not cut all the way through the bread, stop about 1/4 inch from the bottom of the loaf. Place on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in chiles and onion. Cook just until onions start to soften, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle the hatch chile butter into each cut of the bread. Gently part the bread to allow the butter mixture to work its way into the tiny spaces. Gently push chiles into the cuts with your finger or a spoon.
- Combine cheddar, mozzarella and pepper jack cheese together in a bowl. Gently stuff the cheese into each cut of the bread.
- Wrap the bread in the aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
That’s all there is to it! You can add garlic by simply putting it in with the chiles and onions. For video instructions that include the garlic version take a look at the following video: